Well, it’s not Hollywood calling, but we’ve received a Lemonade Award.
I tried to figure out how this award originated and can’t seem to track it down. So it will have to remain a mystery. However, it is supposed to go to sites that show “great attitude and/or gratitude.” Neith is our local gratitude expert, while my expertise is in giving the Big Pitcher. Sometimes I have an attitude to go with it.
Part of the deal is that you have to nominate 10 sites to pass on the award to. Our nomination came from the mystery gal behind Out the Comet’s Ass. Now, I didn’t see anywhere in the rules where is says you can’t re-nominate the site that nominated you, so we are going to do so. There is no doubt that she would have been in our 10 picks anyway — Neith and I are in agreement on that — so to hell with the rules. We did find 10 nominees, though!
Here are our 10 picks:
1. Tseka ~ One Dance. Our dear friend, mentor, and an amazing artist. Please, if you haven’t checked out her galleries, go to her site. Unfortunately, despite the high quality of the images, you still don’t get the feeling of seeing her work in person. I have, and it has an energy that you feel in every cell of your body and every spark of your spirit. She also has started making gorgeous, reasonably priced talisman pendants. I predict that these are going to be the next big fashion trend.
2. Astrodispatch. Where would we be without Elsa’s daily astro-aggragate? She’s one of a kind.
3. Out the Comet’s Ass. She has more attitude than anyone we know, and she often is right on, in the most off-beat way. Of course this appeals to the Aquarius in me, but Neith loves her, too.
4. Julie Demboski’s Astrology. Always lots to chew on with some of the best insights into the asteroids around.
5. Astrotabletalk. Everyone loves Dharmaruci. And he’s a fellow Aquarius.
6. Ralfee Finn’s Weekly Frequency. I’ve been following Ralfee for years. She’s another Big Pitcher gal.
7. Astropol. Just what it sounds like. Astrologer Terry Lamb decided to blog on astrology and politics. Yay!
8. Love is stronger than pride. Devil Mood, author of this blog, has created a wonderful blend of images and words imbued with a deep love of music. She is also an astrologer.
9. Chrispito’s Astroturf. This is a very personal blog where Chrispito shares her thoughts, photos and images of her artwork in a real, honest way.
10. The Slow Cook. Last but certainly not least, I highly recommend The Slow Cook, hosted by master gardener Ed Bruske, whose urban garden is just a mile from Michelle Obama’s famous plot. This is one of the many blogs sprouting up around the slow food movement, a worldwide effort put fast food in its place. I don’t know how long it would take to grow the lemons to make lemonade, but you’ll sure have fun in the process, and isn’t that what life is all about? Caution: Reading this blog may make you fat. Check out his to-die-for bunless burger recipe.
The terms for the Award are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Nominate your favorites and link to this post.
Much love to all,